Vacancy for Foreign Teachers Coordinator
Brief description of UFAZ: UFAZ is an ambitious project initiated by the Presidents of the French Republic and the Republic of Azerbaijan in 2014. It is administered by the historic university of Azerbaijan - the Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University (ASOIU) from the Azerbaijani side and the prestigious University of Strasbourg (UNISTRA) from the French side.
UFAZ delivers 2 national diplomas (French and Azerbaijani) at the Bachelor level in the following specialties: Computer Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Geophysics, Oil and Gas engineering. And at the Master level in the following specialties: Data bases and artificial intelligence, Chemical engineering, Physical chemistry/cheminformatics, Geosciences. Tuition language is English.
Position name: Foreign Teachers Coordinator (HR Department)
Reports to: HR Manager
Type of contract: Full-Time
- Prepares all independent services contracts and annexes for invited foreign teachers and experts in cooperation with the relevant departments;
- Orients new foreign teachers to the University with induction meeting and submit informative material;
- Provides foreign permanent and invited professors with the general information in advance about process and procedures at UFAZ and in the country as well.
- Assists HR department in handling migration issues of foreign permanent teachers;
- Participates in the several processes, such as finding residences of foreign permanent teachers, notarization of their diplomas, collecting the required documents from landlord, passing the medical checkup of teachers and collection of other required documents for implementing migration issues;
- Makes travel arrangements (purchase of plane tickets, hotel reservations, organization of transfer service) of foreign teaching staff to Baku and their own country and supports them with organization of leisure activities upon request;
- Constantly communicates with Invited Professors and receives their requests and ensures their implementation;
- Master’s degree as a minimum level of education with a high average grade and/or with distinctions in International Relations/Human Resources Management.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as an HR Specialist at the university or relevant sector.
- Ability to speak and write fluently in Azerbaijani and English. Russian is preferable.
- Applicants must be motivated, pro-active, self-sufficient, and work well with a team.
- Ability to perform moderate to complex computer functions using MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook;
Interested candidates are requested to submit in PDF format in English language:
(1) a letter of interest and motivation specifying suitability for the position
(2) an up-to-date CV
Send materials via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the Job Title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is March 31, 2023.
For more information about UFAZ, please visit www.ufaz.az