Brief description of UFAZ: UFAZ is an ambitious project initiated by the Presidents of the French Republic and the Republic of Azerbaijan in 2014. It is administered by the historic university of Azerbaijan - the Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University (ASOIU) from the Azerbaijani side and the prestigious University of Strasbourg (Unistra) from the French side.
UFAZ delivers 2 national diplomas (French and Azerbaijani) at the Bachelor level in the following specialties: Computer Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Geophysics, Oil and Gas engineering. And at the Master level in the following specialties: Data bases and artificial intelligence, Chemical engineering, Physical chemistry/cheminformatics, Geosciences. Tuition language is English.
Position name:Public Relations Specialist
Type of contract:Full-time
Start date: As soon as possible
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive list of press, media, and community communication mediums; writes, produces, and distributes press kits, feature stories;
- Prepares and supervises the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programs;
- Provides photographic services including documentation of special events;
- Conducts media relations efforts; establishes and maintains contacts with key media personal, develops and implements press conferences, photo sessions, and press/media events;
- Collates and analyzes media coverage, keeps track and storage of all UFAZ related content published in the media in Azerbaijan and abroad;
- Maintains and updates information on the university's website;
- Manages and updates information and engages with users on social media sites such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook;
- Organizes events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours;
- Assists in the development and implementation of a variety of special events and promotional activities;
- Works closely with external partners, particularly schools, to oversee development of appropriate relationships;
- Evaluates opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertises on an on-going basis.
- Master Degree in Marketing, PR, Journalism or related field
- Experience as public relations specialist or similar position
- Fluency in Azerbaijani and English is a must and French language preferable.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Precision, strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and creative thinking skills
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks as needed
- Proficiency with computing software such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure and with tough deadlines.
Interested candidates are requested to submit in PDF format in English language:
(1) a letter of interest and motivation specifying suitability for the position
(2) an updated resume
Send materials via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the Job Title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is October 1, 2023.
For more information about UFAZ, please visit www.ufaz.az