On this page we have put together answers to a number of general questions about udnergraduate study at UFAZ. If you have specific question, please refer to our question-answer (in the "Contact Us" section) form or to out Facebook/Instragram page and we will respond as soon as possible.
FAQ for local students:
1. What is the admission process at UFAZ?
Students of the first group who have scored 500 and more during the State Exam and who have participated in the special test prepared by the University of Strasbourg are then allowed to apply to UFAZ. Those who have shown best results according to the classification of professions chosen may be admitted to the UFAZ undergraduate program.
2. When will registration open?
Registration to UFAZ admission will be held through an online platform from June 6th to August 1st.
3. When the admission exam will take place?
UFAZ admission exam will take place on August 4th at 10:00 at the UFAZ main building.
*Registration and exam dates may be modified or extended depending on the SEC results announcement.
4.Is french language a requirement for UFAZ admission?
Instruction language at UFAZ is English and French language skill is not a requirement. However, starting from the first year, students are taking intensive French lessons.
5. In what language does the exam take place ?
UFAZ entrance exam is available both in Azerbaijani and Russian languages, thus it is open for the high-school graduates of both Azerbaijani and Russian school departments.
6. What subjects does the exam cover?
UFAZ entrance exam is Multiple Choice Question Exam that includes questions on the following disciplines:
Physics (10 questions) + 20 points
Chemistry (10 questions) + 20 points
Mathematics (10 questions) + 20 points
General scientific knowledge (10 questions) + 20 points
English language (exercises + essay)
*Essay consists of 100-110 words. Topics covered involve science, technology and general knowledge.
7. Does any English language certificate have to be submitted? No certificate is required, since English language proficiency is tested through essays and exercises as a part of an internal exam. English language is only checked if the candidates succeed in technical subjects with good results. Candidates with a score of less than 08/20 in English will not be admitted to UFAZ.
8. Will the candidates who do not pass UFAZ admission exam have an opportunity to apply othe universities?
Students who do pass the UFAZ entrance exam will have the possibility to apply to other higher educational institutions in Azerbaijan. This also applies to applicants who are admitted to UFAZ but refuse to register.
Applicants who pass the exam and become an UFAZ student after registration will lose the possibility to participate in the coding of the SEC.
9. What is the minimum score to get accepted to UFAZ on a governmental basis?
Depending on their admission results during the UFAZ exam, students are offered governmental or paying basis places at UFAZ. Each academic year, UFAZ admits 120 students on governmental basis (exempted from tuition fees throughout the 4 years of the program) and 40 students on paying basis (3000 azn / academic year).
10. Can the winners of the Republican Subject Olympiads be admitted to UFAZ without taking part in the UFAZ admission exam?
Since UFAZ students receive diploma from the University of Strasbourg as well (besides ASOIU), all candidates have to take part in the UFAZ admission exam.
11. Are the first semester classes going to be online?
Whether the classes are going to be online or conventional will be determined by the decisions of the Operational Headquarters under the Cabinet of Ministers and the Ministry of Education.
12. What is the major difference between the admission to the foundation year and the first year?
Education at UFAZ takes four years, one year is a preparation year and three plus years of bachelor degree. The high-school graduates can only apply to the foundation year. The immediate admission to the bachelor degree level (second year student) is open for the first and second year graduate students of the Azerbaijan Oil and Industry University.
13. I have more questions - what should I do?
Please email us on info@ufaz. az if you have a question that hasn’t been answered here. As an option, you may email an individual staff member or academic staff member if you have a more specific number or call us directly.
FAQ for international students:
1. What is the minimum English language requirement?
The English language requirement for all the applicants is higher intermediate (?) level. All students will have English language course as part of their curriculum and will have a chance to improve their skills while studying at UFAZ.
2. Will I have to attend an interview?
No we do not organize interviews with prospective students (except for internationals students).
3. Does UFAZ offer accommodation for graduate students?
UFAZ staff is helping international students by connecting them to the people working at the accommodation search engines as well as information about available accommodation places in Baku, how much rent students should expect to pay, and advice on rental agreements.