Vacancy for UFAZ Site Operations Manager (Engineer / HVAC System Specialist)
Field of work: Property asset management, prevention, maintenance and logistics
Position name: Engineer
Function exercised: On site operational and maintenance responsible
Position in the organizational structure: Attached to the management of the French-Azerbaijani University (UFAZ), under the supervision of the Head of Facilities. Technical manager of buildings SP1 and SP2 for a total surface of approximately 7000 m²
- Planning, organizing and managing the technical tasks of SP1 and SP2 buildings and equipment in close relationship with the service providers in order to respect the continuity of services for users at the building level and didactic models (for example chemical engineering benches).
- Organizing and conducting a maintenance and operations management system.
- Safety aspects should be considered as an important issue in the overall tasks.
- Achieving the first levels of maintenance with the help of the internal team and knowing how to diagnose technical problems in order to handle heavier interventions.
- Checking that the contractual aspects are respected. To be the guarantor of the maintenance of the good settings of the installations in all the technical fields (HVAC, electricity, SSI, elevator, sanitary…etc.).
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Control the operation and performance of installations and equipment in collaboration with external service providers. Check daily that the performance of buildings in terms of energy and functionality are respected.
- Organize a management system: data collection, organization and planning of interventions
- Establish, develop and actively participate in the maintenance and monitoring of information in CMMS (Computer Assisted Maintenance Management) to improve reliability and data and improve responsiveness
- Ensure the reporting in close relationship with the Management.
- Organize and guarantee the maintenance of the performance and quality of the building
- Propose, justify and manage the continuous improvements of the functionalities of the building such as its air and water tightness for better performances, the internal processes closely related to the field of thermal engineering.
- Establish and enforce local maintenance planning.
- Management of the technical teams of SP1 and SP2 sites about 3-4 people.
a) Knowledge of the work environment
- CVC / HVAC domain techniques (general knowledge)
- Knowledge in Multi-Technical Fields (general knowledge)
- Knowledge in regulation and metrology (general knowledge)
- Knowledge of regulation of institutions receiving public, laboratories (general knowledge)
- Equipment installation and maintenance techniques (in-depth knowledge)
- Techniques for optimizing the conduct of installations (general knowledge)
- Fire safety regulations for public buildings (general knowledge)
- Safety standards and procedures (general knowledge)
- Construction regulations (basic concepts)
b) Operational Know-how
- Management of a site team
- Diagnostic of problems on technical installations
- Organization, planning, maintenance and correction work with cost control
- Control of the external companies
- Application of the norms and standards of the University
- Quality of listening and exchange
- Possess adaptability
- Adapt and take an interest in all building trades
- Taking initiatives
- Organization of the work and sharing it with the various interlocutors
- Communication with the users and managers of the components
c) Specialization and diploma
- Engineer Degree or Bachelor Degree in industrial / tertiary, fluid thermal or electro technical maintenance.
- Compulsory knowledge of English
Interested candidates are requested to submit to preferably in PDF format:
(1) a letter of interest and motivation specifying suitability for the position
(2) an updated resume.
Send materials via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the Job Title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is January 19, 2018.
French-Azerbaijani University (UFAZ) offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about UFAZ, please visit www.ufaz.az