Vacancy for Procurement and Finance Junior Specialist
Brief description of UFAZ:
UFAZ is an ambitious project initiated by the Presidents of the French Republic and the Republic of Azerbaijan in 2014. It is administered by the historic university of Azerbaijan - the Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University (ASOIU) from the Azerbaijani side and the prestigious University of Strasbourg (UNISTRA) from the French side.
UFAZ delivers 2 national diplomas (French and Azerbaijani) at the Bachelor level in the following specialties: Computer Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Geophysics, Oil and Gas engineering. And at the Master level in the following specialties: Data bases and artificial intelligence, Chemical engineering, Physical chemistry/cheminformatics, Geosciences. Tuition language is English.
Position name: Procurement - Finance Junior Specialist
Position in the organizational structure: Finance Department, French-Azerbaijani University (UFAZ)
Type of contract: Full-Time
Start date: 15/10/2023
Reports to: Senior Procurement Specialist / Accountant
· Support the tender and quotation processes (including documentation, negotiations).
· Work with end users of UFAZ to clarify their needs and requirements to goods and services
· Conduct market research to diversify the suppliers of UFAZ and guarantee best quality / price ratio;
· Support relations and documentation process with the State Customs Committee and other relevant governmental bodies;
· Assist in preparation of payment documents for foreign teachers, experts, organizations;
· Coordinate and track: 1) students’ tuition fees, 2) issues related to payment of students’ scholarships, and 3) issuance of bank cards to staff and students;
· Be present during regular working hours (from 09:00 to 18:00).
· Foster positive working relationships with colleagues and other departments.
· Attending necessary training sessions and meetings.
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a high average grade in Procurement, Business Administration and Finance, or a relevant field. Be aware of current procurement-related legislation of Azerbaijan Republic /Ability to work on tender.gov.az governmental website.
· Fluent written and spoken Azerbaijani. Excellent proficiency in English, with strong communication skills. The ability to speak French is an advantage.
· Advanced office computer programs skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
· To be motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, and able to collaborate effectively within a multi-national team.
· An experience of working with governmental bodies relevant to the position’s profile is an advantage.
Interested candidates are requested to submit in PDF format in English language:
(1) a letter of interest and motivation specifying suitability for the position
(2) an up-to-date CV
Send materials via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is September 22nd, 2023. For more information about UFAZ, please visit www.ufaz.az