Vacancy for Student Affairs Specialist in Baku, Azerbaijan
UFAZ was initiated by the Presidents of the French Republic and the Republic of Azerbaijan. Since September 2016, directed by the University of Strasbourg and by the Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University, in close partnership with the Ministry of Education of Azerbaijan, UFAZ undertakes the delocalization of 4 specialties at bachelor level in the fields of science and engineering. Students are delivered a French and an Azerbaijani diploma.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Duration: Full-time (Maternity leave replacement job)
- Registering students to ASOIU, UNISTRA
- Coordination between students, parents, teachers and administrative staff.
- Informing students about university rules (including examination rules)
- Preparing internal documentation related to student affairs.
- Providing teachers with student lists
- Informing teachers about student’s problems related to study programs.
- Informing students about changes in the timetable.
- Informing students about the examination, behavior rules
- Implementation of rules and policies according to class absences, ensuring compatibility with operating ASOIU and UNISTRA rules.
- Coordinating and preparing meetings for students and parents.
- Coordinates, and presents a wide range of workshops, conferences, training sessions for students, manages, coordinates, and facilitates all facets of student orientation activities.
- Manage student information/applications for study abroad.
- Advising students on policy issues and resolving problems as necessary.
- Master Degree in education administration or similar field.
- Fluency in English and Azerbaijani is a must and French language preferable.
- The ability to project a strong positive image of the University through personal interaction with parents, staff, students and others is required.
- The ability to solve problems commonly found within the higher education environment
- The ability to develop and present educational programs or workshops.
- The ability to assess and interpret individual student needs and to make appropriate referrals.
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks as needed
- The ability to make competent informed determinations and judgments on a range of confidential and/or sensitive issues in the area of expertise.
- Proficiency with computing software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure and with tough deadlines.
Interested candidates are requested to submit to preferably in PDF format:
(1) a motivation letter written in English language describing the professional project and specifying the interest of the candidate for the position at UFAZ.
(2) a complete CV meeting at best the selection criteria detailed
Applicants must submit via e-mail a pdf file written in English to the selection committee: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the Job Title in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Deadline: as soon as possible.